dual master cylinder brakes

Hi all,

Thought some of you might be interested in this setup I will be installing on my zed.

Reason for going down this road is I am finding my brakes lacking some consistency the faster I go.

The adjustable bias setup is from an English company called Compbrake, using dual Tilton master cylinders.

It bolts up to the firewall in the engine bay using the standard brake pedal.

cheers,

Sinisha

post-464-144023653984_thumb.jpg

Hey Sinisha,

Any more info about them other than a name?

I'm up to the point of deciding what I'm going to do with the brake system as I put the car back together and this looks the goods! I'm going to be running new lines anyway, so as long as this fits without too much hassle it seems like a good idea at the moment.

What's the quality like? When do you think you'll be up to installing it, I would love to hear how it goes and performs.

also very interested in this.

Have started collecting bits already - but didnt realise they had a kit in the UK.

Mine is predominantly a track car but I was a bit worried going to dual MC would make it even worse on the street if the pedal was excessively hard.

OK, some info, quality of parts is very good, normally the kit is supplied with Girling master cylinders but I did some preliminary measurements and thought that things would be a bit tight.

I chose the Tilton 75 series master cylinders because the are a compact design, this combination will fit easily.

This is the  company that makes them.

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/Bias-Pedal-Boxes/Servo-replacement/UNIVERSAL-ADJ-BIAS-PEDAL-BOX/prod_996.html

I didn't buy the parts directly from them as I wasn't happy with their customer service, parts were purchased from these guys.

http://www.pro-tecmotorsport.com/

The bits I purchased from Pro-tec are, adjustable bias pedal box with no master cylinders, in car adjuster and an adjustable rod with a clevis at both ends, cost including postage 204 pound sterling.

Master cylinders were purchased from Jegs US @ $89 ea. shared freight with a mate who was buying some parts for his XW resto project. Local price is $209 ea.!!!

Plan is to get the brakes done before Feb next year, so I will be starting soon.

I can post some pictures as I progress if your interested.

Hope that is of some help.

Sinisha

I have installed one of these in one of my 260z

http://www.betamotorsports.com/products/products_main.php?cat=3&scat1=41&scat2=25

Basically the same but made by a well know 240z fabricator in the USA - John Coffey - designed as 100% bolt in for our cars. Ok not as cheap as the units above but no mods required to the mounting plate etc

John was good to deal with and also supplied the Titlon 75 series MC for my install - so another option.

• 6 months later...

It's time for me to start ordering, any chance you guys have pics? I'm looking for the beset stuff around but hear lots of conflicting advice on what brand and size mc's to get!

I've got the commodore front brakes and skyline rear

• 1 year later...

One of the club members here in NZ has one of the UK ones on his Targa 240z. I sold my betamotorsport unit as the road car will have a booster now that I have a track car with a dual pedal box. The guy I so sold it to is yet to install it.

The Targa 240z owner is more than happy with the setup from the UK as pictured at the start of this thread.