Stance 240z

In the specifications it says "Front mounted oil cooler with steel braided hoses"  why would you not put it behind the spoiler.

Coz, that won't look fuullyyyy sssiiiiiiiccccckkkkk for all the fan boys, or the owner couldn't be armed mounting It properly and just zip tied it to the front bar until he gets around to mounting it properly.

In the specifications it says "Front mounted oil cooler with steel braided hoses"  why would you not put it behind the spoiler.

It's jap old school racer style, seen on alot of hako's. I like it.

sdefa.jpg

To each to their own I guess  but I'm not a fan of the rear flares. Bolt-ons look so much better imo

It's all for the look I think, not really my scene but some like it. I think that aerial thingy is similar to what trucks have on the front corners, they allow you to see how close your getting to walls/objects, I guess the seat must be low or he's a short arse  ;D

Wouldn't it be prone to damage out there, stones and other debris?

I thought there was few people on here who liked the tyre stretch scene and it would appeal to guys who like this style. Still looks ok though, kinda admire the craziness of it all

God I love that Skyline.

That Z is a bit lost in translation if it's supposed to have been inspired by the KPGC10. It would look nice if the bumper was removed and the oil cooler mounted centrally in front of the grill. Anyhow, plenty of room inside a Z to fit an oil cooler, unlike those S20 Skylines.

Galderdi,

The little aerial like object is quite literally a metal/plastic rod with a little led light on the end.

The 4WD I often drive in Fukuoka (Japan) has one as well.....I think they are used to assist in knowing where the end of the car is (for low speed/narrow street shuffling). It will be hinged/jointed at the bottom so that it has a bit of play (unlike an aerial).

You can see it more clearly if you zoom in on the photo.

At least that is the only explanation I  could ever come up with, and I drove with one for months (never really used  - or bothered to ask what it was for).

Huw

• Administrators

I like it, but whats with that thing sticking out of the right hand side of the front bumper???

I think it helps keep the front air damn from flexing at speed?

Another victim of not reading HS30-H's fender mirror diagram notes properly too... i hope it wont cost too much to reweld my guards and put them in the right place - i made the same mistake...

I think Greg is talking about the aerial looking thing pointed up, that is a parking aid isn't it?

That is my guess too. I remember seeing other such devices back in the day - they were little chrome spring steel things that stuck down and out and would make a noise as the spring was moved when touching the curb etc.

a parking aid!? hmmm. The more I look at this car the more I hate it. Worst shade of red. Ugly wheels. The tail light area that is usually black is coloured in. I am biased against Swedish people though ever since a Swedish friend came and crashed at my house for 4 months then tried to feel up my girlfriend. Stupid Swedish people.

but you cant hate everything swedish because of one bloke....

Think of all the good stuff they have given the world, like Volvo and Ikea.....

but they did give us Absolut Vodka, Saab aerospace products, Koenigsiegg and convenient places to hide large amounts of money from the ATO....

but you cant hate everything swedish because of one bloke....

Think of all the good stuff they have given the world, like Volvo and Ikea.....

but they did give us Absolut Vodka, Saab aerospace products, Koenigsiegg and convenient places to hide large amounts of money from the ATO....

I think you mean Swiss Banks? ???

• Moderators

It must be a parking aid... it's mounted in the furthest corner of the car away from the driver.. Reminds me of those early Volvo trucks that came with them; but with white round balls instead of red lights.