24 Dat Intro

Hi All,

After being allowed to drive a mates 260 2+2 i got bitten by the Zbug bad! After looking at 14 cars i found my first Z a 1976 260Z 2 seater dark green (not original) in Armadale, she had been in the country most of her life so she did not have to much rust apart from the drivers floor which was shot due to a previous leaking master cylinder, she must have hit a roo or something as one of the chassis rails had quite a bit of damage, i got these fixed up and i used he for a daily driver until 09, a week before NDN09 some chick reversed into she while parked and trashed the front,  after the initial fix i  had a windows out paint job and 2 years almost to the day she is back on the road after 2 weeks cleaning poilishing etc. I took her for the first drive yesterday and it was fantastic to have her back and i am over the moon with the finished car. 

When you see the photos below you might see why i was so keen to get the dash on last Friday night.

Improvements over the years are now painted in Nissan racing green metallic, L28 built by Jon Siddins, twin 2" Su's thru a e36 inlet manifold, the 5 speed factory close ratio gear box (apparently a option in those day) and a 4:1 LSD R200. front brakes have the landcruiser upgrade. I have competed in several local sprints and is a great car to drive

In 2005 walked into Alan Steans Z Car Workshop to find him stripping his early 1970 240Z #183 a to sell the parts as no one wanted to buy the car as a whole. We did a deal and i have owned her since, i have competed in the Qld Super Sprint Series for a number of years and other local sprint meetings,  She is Guard Red and some of the improvements are L28 bored to just under 3 litre, tripe 45 Weber's Gear box is a 5 speed with holinger 1st 2nd and a Albins 3rd a 4:4 LSD R200, 16" Wannabes on Silverstone street legal slicks, 1970 Sumitomo 4 spot rally spec calipers and Honda Prelude rotors.

I also have a 1974 bog standard 260Z which is used by friends on some of the club runs we have. i have a 1972 240z roll caged shell which i am currently accumulating the bits to turn it into a Tarmac Rally Car , and i have a very early 1978 280ZX Fairlady 2 seater which is currently stripped and i hope to return her to her formal original glory.

I have been very involved with the Z Car Club Queensland since 2004. I have been the Social Secretary for many years now and i arrange most of our clubs outings and club runs and events , we also have a very popular Christmas in July over night this year we should have about 25 zeds travelling around the country side.

Apart from regular sprint events I have navigated for Zed74 in Classic Adelaide in 06 and 08 and yes Sirpent he has apologised :)

Cheers Dave

post-3173-144023619377_thumb.jpg

post-3173-144023619389_thumb.jpg

post-3173-144023619402_thumb.jpg

post-3173-144023619413_thumb.jpg

Well done 24 space Dat ;D

Small correction on your navigating role - we did 2005 (not 2006) & 2008 together :P ;D

Maybe that explains the "turn right into apple orchard in 2008!" :'( ;D

The green 260z looks great - however you could have used some Armour All on the tyres! :)

Expect to see heaps more photos & suggest a Project Log is appropriate for your 240z Tarmac Rally car project ;D

zed 74 it certainly is, obviously taking a better line than you would  :D in your own car,  luckily there no apple orchards at Lakeside for when you drive it  :P

Also thanks Luvemfast i have added a couple of photos before i pulled her apart, some major panel rust which i have halted, she is currently a completely striped shell with all the bits bagged, tagged and photographed, just need $$$ spent on it and i want to get my Tarmac car finished first. A Mate of  mine bought it years ago and than left it sitting in his back yard he lost intrest so i had to save it. to good an original car and 1978 HS 130001395 the photos are from before and during i have hundreds more ;)

Cheers

Dave

post-3173-144023619461_thumb.jpg

post-3173-144023619466_thumb.jpg

post-3173-144023619469_thumb.jpg

post-3173-144023619479_thumb.jpg

So is the original colour of the S130 yellow?

Hope you go back then, love a yellow Z.

1978 model? How did you figure that? Will have to check what my number is.

Think there are four 2 seaters here now.

Soon we're going to take over the world....

Mwah ha ha ha

Haar ha haar ha

Haaaar ha haa cough cough cough ha

Hi Lurch,

Read the story of your early girl (great story/read)

You may be horrified to know that we have a guy based in SEQ who is almost finished his new track car.

It's an early girl  (Chassis number something below HS30-00020 maybe 12?) that was very nearly beyond recovery due to rust etc. - now has ZG flares and an RB26DETT.

Will be running at Morgan Park Warwick soon (I am reliably informed).

My general view is "it doesn't matter how they survive - as long as they DO survive!

Though I must admit drag cars/sports sedan may take it too far!

Hi Lurch and thanks for the comments, yep the early girls are getting rarer, i to just had a read about your car great story good to know yours is Ferrari  Red mines Porsche Guards Red  :) 

and Luvemfast, the yellow when you see it up close is well not what i would call a really nice yellow (theres no emotion for vomit) a tad hard on the eyes. Please don't get me wrong  to love a yellow Z but it has to be the rite yellow(i have even photoshopped the yellow i like onto one of the photos), If not yellow i was thinks Black Pearl as i still haven't found out if they came out in that colour but it was the latest and greatest colour released on the last of the 280Z's in the US so you think it would have had to been available in Japan in the same year

Yep a 1978 i found out that's when they were released in Japan they did not come on to the US dosestic  market until 1979. I think i have the original sales invoice for a Japanese deal most of it is in Japanese but the date is late 78 if i recall, the stuff is all boxed at the moment but i will double check for you.

Now about taking over the world,

I have a cunning plan!

Cheers

Dave

Ahh Solar Yellow, so thats what its called, my photos dont even come close to showing what it is in real life it if far lighter. Do you have any photos of one in Solar?  i spent days inside it stripping her, i really could not go there, one thing is for certin it wont be going back to the maroon and slver that it had on when i got her  :)

Cheer

Hi Peter T, thanks for that and yeah green cars Rock 8)! but red ones go faster :)

it looks like  yours is a factory green is it?

Hey Sirpent, i must apologise, i was rereading my intro and i realised i spelt your name wrong, i have now fixed it, sorry my bad, dam dyslexia, it is such a btich.

Cheers

Dave