Author Topic: Australian Soldiers killed in Afghanistan in 2010  (Read 1660 times)

Offline MJC

• Legacy Machine
  • Donating Member
  • Team Legacy Assist
Australian Soldiers killed in Afghanistan in 2010
« on: December 24, 2010, 10:52:43 AM »
Hi and Merry Xmas to all AUSZCAR members.

As a Z car owner and forum member for a year now I want to highlight that this time of year is a time of reflection. At some stage I have no doubt that a moments thought is given by forum members to the fine men who have paid the ultimate sacrifice this year in the interest of Australia, inturn allowing our freedom and the fortunate lives we live in this great Country of ours.

I have a project at the moment that involves a 240z and the goal of raising 100k for a couple of Charities. I will let you look at the web link to get an idea of the project, opposed to me repeating what you will see on the link. www.everydayhero.com.au/event/team_legacy_assist  if there is one thing you look at it is the 60mins link on the Home Page

Most people I have approached have been quite generous in their offerings. A major sponsor elludes the team at this stage and we have come to the realisation that our money outside of the fundraising will be sourced in small amounts and gifts in-kind. We do have some small sponsors and Bob Hawke is the patron of our Project.

We have purchased through Stew Wilkinson most of our suspension and drive assembly atm and we are still chasing a few small pieces, fortunately we have had Bruce Parker CEO HM GEM Engines provide a full build on the engine which we are very grateful, as most of you know this is a god send. At this stage our first media/fundraising event will be in Martin Place on the 3/4 Feb hopefully getting some good exposure through free to air TV.

I am keen to hear members thoughts or ideas if they have any in supporting this project. Any help in making this happen will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Matt C

Offline sco_aus

• Donating Member
  • Scott
Re: Australian Soldiers killed in Afghanistan in 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
Thanks for your time Matt...

Being a returned serviceman I can only encourage people to get on board and help however you can.  The soldiers are not the only ones who suffer in these circumstances, the families and friends also have to live with it for the rest of their lives. 

I have just donated some money and will again later.

Lest we forget.

Offline MJC

• Legacy Machine
  • Donating Member
  • Team Legacy Assist
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
Great stuff mate, I very much agree with your comments.
All the best and thankyou.

Offline Cdr Zero

• Akio Asakura
  • Donating Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »
Team Legacy Assist also have a facebook page that you can 'like' to support and keep in touch with them.
HS30103643

Auszcar 240z, 260z, 280zx Forums

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »