1973 240Z for Sale (Brisbane)

dougybe

Unfortunately I can also no longer justify being a three car family whilst my pride and joy sits idle in the garage looking longingly at me each weekend almost asking why we can't go out for a quick spin. So it's going to be a clean break and certainly no tears after she disappears around the corner with her new owner at the wheel.

Anyway I hear you ask the details, the details:

Model: 1973 240Z Chassis No. HS30103475(Supposedly one of the last 240’s imported into Aus, but I am not aware of what the last body number was that came in, Lurch may know?)

Item Condition: Body excellent, mechanical very good to excellent, interior fair to good

Body: The car was completely stripped back to bare metal last July and given a 3 month overhaul. So there is no rust, rattles or wobbles is this one. All panels have been realigned. The colour of respray is close to the original 240Z green with a model twist. Hot house green with a special ingredient. All Chrome work redone and bars straightened, plus all new rubbers including hard to source rear 1/4 windows. I have a full photo diary of all the works done. The work was undertaken by a Datsun fanatic who is also a sponsoring member of the forum. Just ask for the Doctor. This was his first 240z and I think you'll agree he should do more as it's a first rate job.

Mechanical: Running a L28 that was rebuilt and worked by John Siddins (winner of Targa Tasman in his 240z). Full spec sheet available, but work included new pistons, main and con rod bearings, bottom end machining, new cam shaft, full gasket set, valve springs and overhaul head and flow. Other bits of interest that are in some way attached to this beautiful engine are: triple Dellorto carbies with 43mm ram pipes professionally tuned and balanced; centre force clutch kit; five speed gear box, I believe to be sourced from the 280zx the L28 came from; headers flowing into a 2 ¼ inch exhaust system; 3.9 diff and a re-cored 3 core radiator, that has never raised a sweat even in Queensland's summer. The suspension consists of Kings Springs, KYB Performance shocks, heavy duty sway bars with polythene bushes all round and front and rear strut bracing.

Currently she is riding on 17 inch alloys which I think set her off nicely, however I also have a full set of 14inch jelly bean mags with 95% Yoko rubber which would be handy to have spare for a track meet should you be that way inclined. (Note I have never tracked her, purely a weekender and thing of beauty). The front brakes have also been upgraded to Hilux calipers.

Price and Payment Conditions: $19,500 but open to offers within reason.

Registration: Currently registered until June 2010, and will be sold with plates on. Safety certificate will be available for Queensland.

Extra Info: Probably will forget something but I'll try my best. H4 Bright White HID headlight conversion, Racing mirrors, re-trimmed dash, SAAS racing seats, original steering wheel. The not so good bits: I have not replaced the carpets since floor pans being replaced and the centre console has a crack, visible in photo.

Pictures: See below posts.

Contact Details: Doug 0438369079

• 1 month later...

SOLD

Cheers Mate!!!

Another one to Vic

I will introduce myself to you all soon.

Now for the drive back to Melb.

Enoy it John. Just watch out for that rain storm coming up the country. Big rains due in Syd and Canberra tomorrow.

All the best mate. I hope she brings you much love.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Yeah I hit some rain but got through no probs, I was lucky it was light most of the time.

and Loui I was on a tight schedule to get back to work, But if I'm back up that way I'd love to show her off.

Ps. I have been stopped at least half a dozen times for a look/ chat. And I have got a wide grin!!