Triple 44 Mikunis

74zzz

Brand new set with manifold and linkages. $5800

I don't think he wants the engine as well...  :o

If they are brand new, never fitted. They're NOS from 20 years ago. If that's what you're after, that's the going rate. Good sets are getting harder to find.

I was chastised for putting out an Expression Of Interest, a while back, for my set that had never been fitted also.

How many times are people going to buy a cheap set, then spend a fortune fixing them? It's the same theory as the cars themselves. Buy the best you can afford!

• Administrators

I don't think he wants the engine as well...  :o

Whilst I somewhat agree with the sentiment, we have to be realistic and acknowledge that supply an demand is driving some prices up! Of course there is OER as an alternative and they are much cheaper. But people want the 'period' correct parts.

I'm sure you understand though George, you are after all restoring HS30 00019.

How many times are people going to buy a cheap set, then spend a fortune fixing them? It's the same theory as the cars themselves. Buy the best you can afford!

Yep +1.

I see it all the time, chrome trim headlight covers? $700-$1000 USD now. Long stalk fender mirrors are $600 AU + (complete), Broken, not working and incomplete Rally Clock? $700 AU+

Prices for hard to find parts are becoming a bit like telephone numbers to paraphrase Tiff Needell,

Was that for 1 Jason?

Yes. Yes it was!

Transport company did not secure the crate the engine was in, it tipped over, somehow,,, and the body of the rear carby had cracked.

Their insurance covered the cost.

Engine was being sent to engine builder in Coffs Harbour.

After that incident, I now personally deliver and collect.

• Administrators

Think I need to put mine (44s) in a safety deposit box.

I have seen this guy in Japan selling them on eBay US.

http://www.gl2007.com/usa_product.html

Disclaimer, I've not had personal experience dealing with this seller.

But just listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FqYkdliZFE

Think I need to put mine (44s) in a safety deposit box.

I have seen this guy in Japan selling them on eBay US.

http://www.gl2007.com/usa_product.html

Disclaimer, I've not had personal experience dealing with this seller.

But just listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FqYkdliZFE

Have contacted this guy 2 weeks ago as he has rebuilt 44s going also on ebay. BUT he will not ship to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!

5800 is way out of my range:) Im actually in contact with Ottomoto about his OERs at the moment but hard to get info about them as few on here have had any experience with them................MOSSY........I have pmed you about yours.

My budget has been lifted as the prices the MOPAR boys are offering for my Genuine RT charger webers are well over what i was expecting but, these Mikunis are a freaking expensive bit of kit!

Im wondering given that I dont have a massive dollar engine and the car will never be a show winner whether i go cheaper 'inferior' spanish carbs that are brand new.....at least i know they havent been played with.........And I know Im probably restating a discussion thats been had many times but I have never seen solid evidence they are inferior......it just seems to be opinions or purists simply stating genuine italian carbs 'just better'.........can anyone give me a solid case against the Spanish carbs? I'm handy with the car but not a mechanical engineer so carbs are a little over my head so would appreciate some advice :)

• Administrators

Have contacted this guy 2 weeks ago as he has rebuilt 44s going also on ebay. BUT he will not ship to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!

Any reason why he won't ship to Australia? Is that what he told you or what his eBay store says? There is ways around this.

his response was:

2015-04-15 20:29 GMT+09:00

"Hi!

I wish I could.

But, my shipping company does not ship any carburetors  to personal customers in Australia.

There was one Australian customer arranged to come to pick up my carburetors through his friend's company named something like"Japan's pick up?"

But, I don't know any companies that can arrange to shipp carburetors to Australia.

Sorry"

Grr i dont get it as makes no real sense........ his first email to me said he doesn't ship to personal customers then when I called him on it and said "but you have them advertised on ebay for 'personal' customers" he sent the above response.

2015-04-15 20:29 GMT+09:00

If I had my time again I would have gone for the OER's. I bought brand new spanish 45dcoe Webers and mine leak, the castings are rough-no wonder people pay overs for the old italian ones. I have noticed that on Otomoto's website, for OER's they list a solex jet type as well as a weber jet type. I chose weber carbs as it would be easier to get jets/chokes etc, but if you can get OER's that takes weber jets then that makes it a moot point. Saving my pennies now for ITB's maybe.

cheers, Mike.

Im wondering given that I dont have a massive dollar engine and the car will never be a show winner whether i go cheaper 'inferior' spanish carbs that are brand new.....at least i know they havent been played with.........And I know Im probably restating a discussion thats been had many times but I have never seen solid evidence they are inferior......it just seems to be opinions or purists simply stating genuine italian carbs 'just better'.........can anyone give me a solid case against the Spanish carbs? I'm handy with the car but not a mechanical engineer so carbs are a little over my head so would appreciate some advice :)

The later manfactured in Spain webers are difficult/impossible to tune, there are internal progression holes missing and misplaced, the casting quality is not great, the ears that mount onto manifold, if the get a hit, can snap off, the zinc based die cadt body is extremely difficult to weld/repair, due to inclusions within the cadtings ( suspect similar inclusions are revealed internally when progressions are drilled ou?)

Just No

Buy some old Webers, the rebuild kits are plentifull and reasonably prices.

There are still plenty f 44 Miks around, no point locking them up in a safe Gav! It's the 50's that are rare, they are a seperate unique casting, not a 44 bored out.

Forget Toyota fitment 40mm Mikuns too.

If I had my time again I would have gone for the OER's. I bought brand new spanish 45dcoe Webers and mine leak, the castings are rough-no wonder people pay overs for the old italian ones. I have noticed that on Otomoto's website, for OER's they list a solex jet type as well as a weber jet type. I chose weber carbs as it would be easier to get jets/chokes etc, but if you can get OER's that takes weber jets then that makes it a moot point. Saving my pennies now for ITB's maybe.

cheers, Mike.

Thanks Mike seems like I have my answer...... now the hunt is on for miks, dcoe 13s or Maybe the OERs (I do like the fact they are brand spanking new and made in Japan)