Micks new track zzzzed

zzzzed

I have been trying to hold it in for as long as I can but I can't wait any more.

So the cat is out of the bag

I will be setting of for a long drive to Brisbane very soon to pick up this, the replacement for my lime yellow 240z

It's a 260z 2 seater powered by a rb25det putting out 330rwkw 450rwhp fully kitted out for the track

Plans are to track it for a season and then take it apart and make it look pretty.

There will be lots more photos and information coming as I get to know it better.

For now all I can do is stare at these photos and wait.

null_zpsc1acffd3.png

null_zps33bf6299.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what the track record of this Zed is? If it's the one I heard about the driver was struggling to get up to competitive lap times, despite the work that had gone into the car which from all reports is a quality piece of work. Pity it went south though :P but well done to the new owner  :D

In first year at wtac it was in mid 1.50's, this year he just got into sub 1.50's. He had only done a couple of local trackdays for testing.

When i owned it, it had the injected L28, and regular box and diff, i got it into 63's around QR Clubman circuit,

It's a tight car, Jeff did a lot of work cutting out rust and adding bits of extra welds here and there, which helped!

Had it up at Morgan Park once or twice, on the 2.1 k, it was good for 1.14's.

Bits of underside would touch bitumen, lovely sparky showers, i was told!

I preferred it as it was, a neat clean unflared S30 shell, with the big fat blue Cobra style stripes run over it, wasn't long after i had it, that a few others up here did the fat stripes thing. Looks good.

• Administrators

I saw this car at WTAC in Sydney this year, it was looking pretty neat. I didn't speak to the owner at the time, probably should have introduced myself.

Anyway what was the main driver behind selling off the lime green 240z and going with this car? How come you didn't just develop the lime car further - since it was already a track car? Was this car much further ahead in that respect?

The lime green car was asentialy a road car I was driving on the track

To get it to the levels of Jeff's car I wold have to spend tens of thousands.

So it is will make more sense and save me a lot of time and money to go with one already built.

• Administrators

I figured that would be the case, I guess motorsport is addictive :) now you've had some experience with it you want to take it further. Good luck with it, I'd love to get started at some point in the future.

Perhaps you might want to put off your trip north till the start of April . That is when the Nationals will be on and if you have a load of parts to transport home you might be able to spread that among other South Aust entrants.Or better still enter the event.What better time to put it on track for the first time. There is an event which will be single car only in time attack form. Risk of damage will be very low.