5 piece G-Nose

d3c0y

• Administrators

I see these on Yahoo! Auctions from time to time (Genuine OEM ones) but they are expensive and not always in great shape. 200,000 YEN +

That's if you're looking for genuine.

Otherwise I think there is a chap in Japan who replicates these for owners of original HS30-H cars - because Nissan hasn't made them or provided NOS for years.

More good info in this thread.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12491.15.html

As HS30-H has mentioned: Marugen Shokai in Hokkaido, Japan make the best replica's.

Fun fact of the day: The original was made by a company called: Kotobuki which were the same people who made the center consoles in the early S30z's :)

Of course if you're going to stick it on a race car, then any old aftermarket part will do I guess :)

Getting one from Japan is extremely expensive, the post is a killer. I wouldn't want a genuine one because they are way too expensive and 40 years old now and too heavy.

Thanks for the thread i have read it previously.

I was hoping someone had one lying around they weren't going to use. Car is currently in the panel shop so now is the time to make the commitment!

I haven't heard a positive review of the top stage g-nose to date to be honest and it has that 240z badge molded into it so I don't really consider it an option.

I was looking at the Otomoto one and at this stage is the best option, its just so damn expensive.

• Administrators

I wonder if that burgundy car is actually sporting that Aerodesu 240ZG nose?

http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/4612851/aerodesu-datsun-240z-g-nose-5-piece.html

It does look the goods.

To be honest I think that is actually a good price.

Will you run the flares and headlight chrome covers with it?

Aero-desu is Restored brand from Japan.

Yes i'm looking at doing a full HS-30H replica kit complete with headlight covers if i get it. Reproduction headlight covers are pretty gnarly at $800 a pair by the time you get them delivered!!

I just want to do something a little different to the usual flares, wats and kameari front by throwing in the G-nose and a type B lip.

• Administrators

I just want to do something a little different to the usual flares, wats and kameari front by throwing in the G-nose and a type B lip.

I like that look, the Gnose when done right looks superb especially with the type B lip on there. I've been contemplating fitted the ZG kit to my red 240z in Melbourne but still don't think I can hack the guards up for the flares. Perhaps I need a 3rd S30z ?

Have you decided on a colour? Looking forward to updates if you go this route.