WTB: 260z Radiator support Crossmember

Karljsw

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpity,

since finding a straight rust free cross member is rather difficult and My Mum is starting to get annoyed at the lack of progress on the datsun.

Does or could anyone give me some accurate measurements of the crossmember so i can get one fab'd up over here?

I've got a 1m section of 60mm x 60mm x 4mm SBS that I was planning on using to make one up and i have a mate who works as a welder. I know the steel is slightly the wrong dimensions, but as far as im concerned its close enough (near as makes no difference 5mm to wide and 2mm too high) and the original being something close to 2mm thick another 2mm will add more strength.

Cheers

Karl

Bumpity,

since finding a straight rust free cross member is rather difficult and My Mum is starting to get annoyed at the lack of progress on the datsun.

Does or could anyone give me some accurate measurements of the crossmember so i can get one fab'd up over here?

I've got a 1m section of 60mm x 60mm x 4mm SBS that I was planning on using to make one up and i have a mate who works as a welder. I know the steel is slightly the wrong dimensions, but as far as im concerned its close enough (near as makes no difference 5mm to wide and 2mm too high) and the original being something close to 2mm thick another 2mm will add more strength.

Cheers

Karl

What if i made a template of one out of cardboard and sent you that over? Can't have your mum goin crook!