Hello from Melbourne!

I just joined up and thought I'd say hi to everyone... So.. Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while and on Monday I picked up '77 2+2 so I felt it was time to finally join. At the moment I almost have the entire car stripped and ready for sand blasting so I guess I'll be searching the forums for threads on sand blasting and places to go to shortly.

Not much to say about the car at this point other than it needs a heap of work and some parts. Not a whole lot of rust from what I can see and the panels are dead straight so that's a definite positive but I'll know more when I get it blasted. I also don't know the direction in which I'll be going with it engine-wise but that's something for the build thread anyway.

I will definitely start a build thread soon and keep you all updated with the progress. I will also be asking for help as this is my first Z and I come from a Skyline background.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and hoping to catch up with those of you who are Melbourne based.

• Moderators

Welcome Minestrone....

You'll find plenty of members here willing to help you.. 77 model year is my favourite year for a zed; comes with all the latest updates and looks good.

Keep the pics rolling in!

Hey minestrone! (Love the username! )

I don't mean to shamelessly try and flog my wares, but this will definitely be cheaper and easier for yourself.

I currently have a 76 2+2 bare shell that has been blasted, primed, and nearly 100% rust repaired, I'm only looking

for 1.5k for it, and when I recently got my 2 seater stripped, including a tow truck it cost me 1.3k, then I was given

a quote for 10k on the rust repair! :/

After that you could sell yours off for panels and get even more value out of it.

just a thought, sorry if I seem too pushy!

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,13677.0.html

• Moderators

Welcome

Good luck with the project, as Dimitri said you find plenty of us willing to and provide comments and advice.

Even if it is completely stripped post up a photo or two.

And before "someone" else comments, it is called media blasting these days  ;)

Cheers

PB

Welcome Minestrone....

You'll find plenty of members here willing to help you.. 77 model year is my favourite year for a zed; comes with all the latest updates and looks good.

Keep the pics rolling in!

Thanks for the welcome. I'll def the thread up when I charge my camera.

Hey minestrone! (Love the username! )

I don't mean to shamelessly try and flog my wares, but this will definitely be cheaper and easier for yourself.

I currently have a 76 2+2 bare shell that has been blasted, primed, and nearly 100% rust repaired, I'm only looking

for 1.5k for it, and when I recently got my 2 seater stripped, including a tow truck it cost me 1.3k, then I was given

a quote for 10k on the rust repair! :/

After that you could sell yours off for panels and get even more value out of it.

just a thought, sorry if I seem too pushy!

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,13677.0.html

I know your whole story, haha! I read your thread and I actually called the same place you took your car to for blasting. In fact, could you tell me what yours cost to blast?

In regards to your shell, I appreciate the offer but I will stick with mine.

Welcome

Good luck with the project, as Dimitri said you find plenty of us willing to and provide comments and advice.

Even if it is completely stripped post up a photo or two.

And before "someone" else comments, it is called media blasting these days  ;)

Cheers

PB

I imagine there is "someone" who is quite loud around here, haha. Looking forward to meeting them too. Thanks for the welcome.

I would somewhat suggest you don't go with the guy i went with, while they did give the cheapest quote, the job they did was fairly half arsed as there are still numerous bits of bog and body

deadener all around the car (stuff that easily would have come off), they also boosted the quote by a bit saying this and that. From memeory it was somewhere around 1.3k, I have been informed

the for the quality of work i was somewhat ripped :/.