Car Transport

gav240z

• Administrators

Quite a few people have asked me about who I used to transport my 240z from South Australia to NSW. Actually the eBay seller helped me organise it and so I'm not sure what the company name is, but the Tow Truck drivers I dealt with are:

Mark: 0407 710 933

Gary: 0416 452 025

I believe I paid around $600 from S.A to a depot in N.S.W and an additional $100-$120 for the depot in N.S.W to my place. Which is 15 km's from Sydney's CBD.

Car arrived and seemed the same as it was when it left S.A. Thankfully nothing got stolen / damaged etc.. during the journey. So would recommend them.

Apparently Mark works for Toll, but I never got confirmation of the company name to be honest.

• Administrators

FYI: James Flett from MIA Engine Service also said he can help with car transport etc.. when I spoke to him at the workshop.

http://goo.gl/maps/L82NM

So you may also want to contact him for help transporting your Z.

Hi guys,

I just shipped a 280z from Brisbane to Adelaide.

I used CEVA open transporter. $780 depot to depot.

Took 5 days.

I deliberated on who to use.

Prix was the cheapest at $350, but the nice lady did say some of the drivers were better than others. ;)

Treasured Transport sounded good but Dave was busy and over $2k door to door.

The car arrived covered in sand, not dust and a cracked winscreen.

CEVA say the crack was preexisting >:( crap.

Get a copy of the inspection report before you leave, they are not to be trusted.

Good luck

Will use the car trailer next time.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have any other contacts? I need to move a rolling shell from Sydney to Adelaide. CEVA charge 3 times as much for a non running car and they hardly want to listen if it doesn't have functioning brakes.

I used Mark (first post) last time and I was happy with the price and service but he seems to be a bit busy at the moment.

Give this guy a call, I got a lowered barely running S14 door to door Forster to Brisbane for under $800 about $500 cheaper than any other quote.

http://jimsdoortodoortransport.com.au/

Jim was easy to deal with, and delivered the car on time and kept me in the loop for the whole process, would recommend to transport any car from a shitter to a show car.

Using the web, once others I got quotes from found out it was lowered the price went over double from the original web quote.

Give this guy a call, I got a lowered barely running S14 door to door Forster to Brisbane for under $800 about $500 cheaper than any other quote.

http://jimsdoortodoortransport.com.au/

Jim was easy to deal with, and delivered the car on time and kept me in the loop for the whole process, would recommend to transport any car from a shitter to a show car.

Using the web, once others I got quotes from found out it was lowered the price went over double from the original web quote.

Thanks. Jim doesn't go to Adelaide but he gave me details of someone else to try. For record's sake it's: http://www.doortodoorcars.com.au

Had my roller with disconnected steering rack ( wheels would point different directions ) no park brake and about 3 inches of the ground transported from Sydney Southern suburbs to Brisbane door to door $400

Leisure transport. Horrible communication but can not argue with the price.

Leisure transport. Horrible communication but can not argue with the price.

You're right, the price was good but the communication was worse I'm afraid. Try as I might, they didn't want my business in the end.

I did a big ring around a couple of days ago and found a few businesses that were helpful even though they didn't move rolling shells (or were too expensive). Openica, Auto Logistics, Carnut and Moving Again come to mind that have not been mentioned so far.

In the end I went with a Sydney based one called Align Car Carrying. Good price and good communication. Car was picked up today so I'll reserve final judgement after it is delivered.

They have a Youtube video that auto-plays so mind that... http://aligncarcarrying.com.au

• 9 months later...

I used CEVA to get my 260z from Victoria to Adelaide, the price was ok for a car that wouldnt run but had working brakes.

Thats where the good stopped >:( I was told I would be called 30min before drop off so I could leave work and sign the papers that didnt happen, My girlfriend then had to leave work because she was only 10 min away. He unloaded the car into the driveway and proceeded to let the drivers side door smash into my fence, then said "lucky its only a project ayyy haha". Lucky I wasnt there in time otherwise I might have put his head between the door and my fence.

Yea wouldnt recommend them at all

In the end I went with a Sydney based one called Align Car Carrying. Good price and good communication. Car was picked up today so I'll reserve final judgement after it is delivered.

How where they George? just seeing my options at the moment  ;)

Also does anyone know (it probably depends on company used) but do you have to be present when they pick up the car? I am thinking of WA to NSW that's all.

Cheers

How where they George? just seeing my options at the moment  ;)

Also does anyone know (it probably depends on company used) but do you have to be present when they pick up the car? I am thinking of WA to NSW that's all.

Cheers

I was very happy with their service and price. They delivered on time and were accommodating at pick up and drop off. Not sure if they operate out of WA though.

I would say you, or someone, will need to be present at pick up. You would need to open the car of course and provide keys. Alternately, they usually have a depot where you can drop off the car at a time that suits you which might save you some cash since they don't have to pick it up with a local tow truck driver. If you're buying from WA ask the current owner if they can drop it off at the depot. Hopefully they'll be accommodating to make the sale.