Author Topic: HELP! RB25DET into 240z  (Read 4625 times)

Offline sco_aus

• Donating Member
  • Scott
Re: HELP! RB25DET into 240z
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »
No not at all, remember these engine mounts were made for the RB20 onto this chassis, they wouldnt have released it if it wasnt safe and although the 25 is a different engine and I do have a lot more power than stock, it was over engineered (if theres such a thing) and I havent had a problem at all and have checked the mounts and chassis area of it all and there isnt a problem.
At the moment, I reckon if your going to do an RB conversion, then do the RB25 because they have come down in price a lot since i did it and they are easily the best bang for buck.  I know a guy with a RB20 in a 240 here in Canberra and even after some work, still had nothing on me at stock.  Im pretty sure its only a 2k purchase difference cost between them.
end rant :D

Offline Azon

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »
From I understand the Nissan never made mounts to fit Rb into S30, only Z31 which are a completely different chassis? But nonetheless I am glad to hear you are not experiencing any plastic defomation in the chassis - do you have a a half - cage and is your chassis spot welded at all?

Offline sco_aus

• Donating Member
  • Scott
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 04:12:33 AM »
Yeh your right, they are a different chassis, my bad.  Still, they arent weak.  I dont have a cage (yet :D) nor do i have any spot welding (yet :D).

Offline 240zrb

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
Thanx for all your help, I got a couple of "yes, in AU the 240z sometimes get approved with RB25DET" e-mails. AND this got the tech inspectors to change their mind:-) So now they say OK, go ahead, do the rb25det swap:-)

OH, and they appoved my 8x17 and 10x17 wheels also!  ;D

Offline zedevan

• Donating Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »
goodwork, an rb swap is looking more and more attractive to me as i know i will never regret it, where at some point i might regret putting in a toyota motor, and since i'm not going to b chasing massive power it doesnt' really matter which is the better engine, although faster for cheaper is always a good thing...

Offline sco_aus

• Donating Member
  • Scott
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 01:02:57 AM »
You could go totally different and put a 1UZ or 2UZ in, they are awsome engine, easy to get power and torque out of, really light engines and very strong.