Author Topic: Fitting Konig 15 x 7 wheels  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Paul Vercoe

Re: Fitting Konig 15 x 7 wheels
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
Okay - issue resolved.  I have now fitted Yokohama 195 x 60 x 15 tyres and there is good clearance between the tyre and the lower valance.   A bit of a compromise, as I wanted the 205 tyres, but this was not to be.  Thank you to those who gave advice along the way.

I received further feedback from Motorsport in California, which may explain why they thought there should not be a problem:

Paul,

After investigating this further, IĒve determined that a lot of it may have to do with the tire tread cap. Basically, the same size tire by two different manufacturers can still be different dimensionally due to the style of tread cap used on the tire. Some tread caps are wide and some taper inward. For the most part, the tires made over here tend to have a lower profile tread cap or a tapered cap. I realized this because I found a small handful of people who had some issues with the tire size, but most didnít. The guys who had issues went to a 205-60-15 and it eliminated the rubbing. Some even used a 215, but went to a 55 series and they work without rubbing. Some guys even decided to trim the fenders just a bit to fit the larger tires. We have Zís here that we use for test fitting before we sell items as well, and we did not have any rubbing issues. I do thank you for pointing this out, as we take it seriously and use your feedback for improvement.

Thank you,

Aaron Sarkin

Motorsport Auto
1139 W Collins Ave.
Orange, Ca. 92867

Auszcar 240z, 260z, 280zx Forums

Re: Fitting Konig 15 x 7 wheels
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »