Author Topic: Megasquirt 3 on RB CAS  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Zedman240

• Dimitri Vazz
  • Global Moderator
  • I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...
Re: Megasquirt 3 on RB CAS
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
hahaha...

There is a bit of support available including HybridZ forums but once it's running, I have yet to touch anything other than adjusting shift light points and rev limits.
HS30-00121 'early girl'
Have u got any old SHOGUN bikes in the shed? Under the house? ME WANT!
Breaks-Something that fails.
Brakes-Stop your car.
There-in  or  at  that  place (opposed  to  here).
Their-of, belonging to, made by, or done by them

Offline foodie

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
One more question while you are all here :)

On a semi-sequential injection setup, the injector is spraying twice while the inlet valve is shut per cylinder per 720d.  Does this mean you can get double the fuel capacity out of an injector?

Offline peter mc

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
NO  its just wasted fuel . most of it evaporates and sits in ring lands or gets wasted out the exhaust

Offline nizm0zed

• Alan
  • Donating Member
  • 260z coupe in slow build, Now with RB25DE powah!!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »
to some degree, the fuel being sprayed onto the rear side of the valve can help with keeping its temps down, but once you start talking about modified engines and uprated power levels, that goes out the window.
I am a man of cast iron, hot rubber and steam. Fire flows when I turn the key. The dragon moves at my command.

My build thread........
http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2902.0.html

Offline peter mc

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »
Just on temps on a Rb 26 with a AFR of 10.00  to 12 .00 there is 3 deg of combustion temp change  at full lode
intake valve temps hardly change , its the exhaust valve that gets hot if you run lean 
running retarded timing has more to do with high temps on valves than any other thing 
running batched injectors the exhaust temp is slightly cooler  and hp is down slightly

Offline DatPilot

• I love Nissan, its like giant Lego
  • you are a goose
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »
Has anyone had experience with Adaptronic? Aussie built etc, good customer service, great features too.

I was talking to Jason  (installer & tuner) a few years back, he flew to canberra to install on a few cars and tune the same day...
4AGZE (t) Toyota sprinter, very much fun......
Super Karate monkey death car

Offline foodie

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »
Will have a look at Adaptronic.

Also interested in the Link G4 Storm.  Thoughts?  Sits between the Sprint and Sport haltechs on price

Q. On the CAN systems in these.  I assume apart from the connectors, you can plug in any CAN enabled device.

Offline foodie

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 04:07:45 PM »
If the price is right, I'm going the Link G4 ecu and new loom for the rb20det and carry over to the rb25 once I blow this up.

Very comprehensive documentation and explanation into lots of areas.

Offline nat0_240_chevZ

• Donating Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »
Vipec, with launch control, and sequential think its the upper level unit but from 1800 has functionality of the motec m800.
need abs sensors or similar pulses coming from both front and rear wheels so diff and front brakes would both need an update to utilise  such features.
do some research,
some say its a newer link, but others including tuners say irs way ahead of the link, even though the same guy/guys behind it. its the quiet achiever in rally now too.....
nat0
just a suggestion as its something i would consider myself.

Offline Six_Shooter

• Canuckian
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »
Don't discount donor EFI, that being an EFI system, namely ECM and harness from another vehicle, or tuning the OEM ECM.

NISTUNE is available for the RB series of ECM, and seems to  be easy to tune. I haven't actually used one (myself), but I have socketed a few ECMs for friends, that do use it. From the limited time I have seen the tuning, it seemed to be pretty intuitive.

I know Apexi also makes a replacement ECM for the RB, I am working on a friend's '71 240Z that he has an RB20DET in, that will be using the Apexi ECU, with boost control add-on.

Personally I use a Delco (General Motors) ECM, with some custom code (public domain) that runs my turbo L28. The ECM I am using was originally used on N/A and turbo I4s and turbo V6s, the code is a modified version of what was used on the turbo V6, though many other variations for N/A, and cylinder counts can be used.

I haven't used a MegaSquirt, because it lacks a few things that I want in an ECM, but with the MS3, it has one of the big ones added in, the VSS, that can make quite the difference in how an engine responds, in my experience with other EFI systems. I plan to get one at some point, mostly for curiosity reasons, than actually using it on anything for a long period.

The nice thing about the donor route is that you know that millions of dollars and many years of research have gone into their development, many have limp home modes, in the event that a major or several minor sensors fail, if a replacement is needed, a call to the local wreckers will usually find you a quick and inexpensive replacement.

Auszcar 240z, 260z, 280zx Forums

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »