Author Topic: Quality Bodywork/Restoration work in PERTH Region(s)?  (Read 908 times)

Offline Reddog

Quality Bodywork/Restoration work in PERTH Region(s)?
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
Hello there,

Just wondering if anybody in the Perth area can personally recommend a really good shop/tradespersons that has done quality (takes pride) work on Zeds before and knows there way around the S30's? I am looking at having the body shell stripped and blasted to bare metal, then seam sealed on all lap joints for rust protection etc; Looking for someone who does this the proper way regarding metal work repairs/metal finishing/preparation and priming...

Any help or advice from past experience would be much appreciated,

Thanks, Rod.

Offline Whittie

Re: Quality Bodywork/Restoration work in PERTH Region(s)?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »
Hi Rod,

I have several pages of my build thread (link is in my signature, right underneath this post) dedicated to the body restoration that my car is currently under-going. I HIGHLY recommend the panel beater I am using, but there is a wait list to get in and the work itself will take the better part of 12 months as well. You will not find anyone as good or cheap in Perth, I can guarantee it.

My car is still in the shop if you would like to go see it in the flesh this Saturday morning and I can introduce you to Will in person. You can chat to him about the work you want done, it's almost identical to mine.

Tom.
'77 260z 2 Seater - Stock as an F22 Raptor

Build Thread --> http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,6991.0.html

Lots of incar videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/whittie260

Offline Reddog

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
Hi Tom,

Firstly thanks for the prompt reply and information and your kind offer. Your car is coming along very nicely and looking really good - great colour choice with that different hue of blue. Will's work certainly looks very impressive. My car is also a '77 2 seater, however I am looking at going down a slightly different road (and slower beast!!!) as my car is still totally original, but very tired mechanically and I am looking at overhauling the car to as good as condition as possible with a view to long term 'preservation' of the car and the usual suspension and milder engine upgrades hopefully.

I would certainly like to have a look at you car and meet Will if that is still possible on Saturday morning Tom.

Regards,

Rod.

Offline boyblunda

• Donating Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »
Rod

I had a personal look at Tom's car while Will was working on it and I can only say that if Will accepts your project and can fit it in, then it would be a serious challenge to find anyone better in Perth to do your car.

When the time comes that I have a serious project that needs an artisan with old school skills and a commitment to a quality outcome, Will would be the first person I would call upon to consider my project. He is a truly exceptional person who is very proud and particular with his work.

If you have a comprehensive restoration project, Will is someone who is capable of matching and exceeding your expectations.

Regards
Dave
Dave
1976 260Z 2+2 Black manual - refresh project  for touring
1974 260Z 2 seater manual to be returned to white - refresh project for fun and a little sport

Offline Reddog

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
Thanks Dave,

I managed to have a look at Tom's car this am and have a good chat to both Will and Tom. His car is going to be a beautiful restoration when finished. As you said "Will has old school skills and a commitment to a quality outcome"...it restores your faith to see there are still a few folks around like Will. I learnt a lot from just listening to both of them as well as seeing a fully stripped down Zed. Will was also kind enough to cast his 'experienced eye' over my old car as well.

Cheers,

Rod.

Offline Whittie

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »
Hi Rod,

Will's last comment after you left was "See. I told you, that's what you should have bought".

I'm not sure I stressed it enough, but I have NEVER heard Will say that a car was good and apart from a few minor faults he pointed out to you, he thinks it's exactly what anyone should strive to find if they want to restore a vehicle.
'77 260z 2 Seater - Stock as an F22 Raptor

Build Thread --> http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,6991.0.html

Lots of incar videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/whittie260

Auszcar 240z, 260z, 280zx Forums

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »